Sweet Dreams, Baby

6/24/2005

feeling better

I'm feeling a little better. I have a little more strength today and it no longer feels like I'm swallowing razors every time I swallow anything. I want to be napping, but Eli ruined my nap time, he and the girl child are now napping, though she should be up soon to feast. Did I ever mention... Eli's been bottle free for a month now. It's sippy cups and straw cups for him now, more often than not straw cups because I love those things and because he's still anti tipping. The kid still wont tip a sippy cup up to drink out of, so he gets angry and throws the cup down. He will tip a regular cup though, go figure, of course this usually results in a huge mess since he doesn't grasp the idea of tilting it just enough to get a little drink. Silly boy. He's also been drinking whole milk for about 2 weeks now. He has his 15 month WBC in about a week and I'm dreading it, they always ask how many words he has and they've always been okay with the fact that he only says Dada, has said hi twice and the rest is some alien babble language. But he's 15 months now, I'm thinking they are going to want him to be able to say more and if he can't I'm wondering if he'll have to be evaluated? Am I doing something wrong? Not reading to him enough, not talking to him enough? Not encouraging him to talk enough? The kid babbles all freaking day, he just doesn't say real words or connect real words to anything other than Ben=Dada. I wonder if him being tongue tied has to do with it? I doubt it though. Anna has rolled over 4 times now in 2 weeks, none on purpose I'm quiet sure. Those heavy cheeks just kinda knock her over when she's doing tummy time. Speaking of tummy time, she hates it. I believe she's on tummy time strike. She will lift her head up a couple times then just plant her face into the blanket and scream and kick. I believe I can safely say the colic has passed, as of a couple weeks ago. At about 8 weeks or so she was down to just 1 crying/screaming fit a night from around 8-midnight. Now she only cries uncontrollably if she has bad gas. She smiles and coos all the time. When she's sitting in her rocker she follows Eli with her eyes and is taking more interest in toys dangling in front of her. I don't believe in forcing a routine on such a small baby unless you have to (say if both parents work) but lucky for me Anna kinda set her own bedtime. She now goes down for the night around 11:30pm and sleeps till roughly 5am, eats and sleeps till 8 or 9am. Works out for me since I'm getting up at that time anyway with Eli. I took out her size 3-6 months clothes, she's just growing way too fast. The other day I realized that Anna never got baby acne like Eli, or cradle crap cap, or extremely dry skin and by this time Eli had developed the whole body rash that I'd later find out was the start of eczema (we aren't getting our hopes up but we are crossing our fingers that's a good sign that she wont have eczema!). About 3 nights ago I discovered Anna does in fact have the lovely cradle crap, but I was too sick to care. If I'm feeling up to it this weekend I'll pick up some cradle crap treatment stuff. And I thought Anna would be the one to wake up first, that boy is driving me crazy today. Apparently today is some sort of national (or maybe its regional) Baby No Nap Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home