Sweet Dreams, Baby

4/04/2005

pre-op

That was uneventful. Talked to a pre-testing nurse, signed some forms, told risks of surgery, given list of dos and don'ts before surgery and at hospital (like no nail polish, I just painted my toenails last night! gah), told where to go and what to do upon arrival at hospital on Wednesday and found out c-section is at 10:30 not 10 and have to be at hospital at 8:30. The nurse then took me to anesthesiology where the guy listened to my lungs, asked if I had any complications with my last spinal (I thought it was an epidural but he said they usually only do spinals at this hospital, I said I thought I heard the last anesthesiologist say it was an epi but things were a little busy, I was a little distracted and the guy had a think accent), told me the possible complications of the spinal and that if it doesn't work I'd be put to sleep, standard procedure. Then the nurse dropped me off at the lab where I had to pee in the cup and get about 5 vials of blood drawn. That was it. My pre-testing nurse was telling everyone she ran into the baby's name, she just loved it, she said it was simple and elegant and not weird like a lot of the names being used lately, haha, whatever. The pre-op took less time than I thought so I came home to do a few things before picking up Eli because he should be napping about now and I do not want to sit around at the in-laws waiting for him to wake up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home