Sweet Dreams, Baby

4/15/2005

Anna's first Well Baby Check

Damn I make cute babies! (week old)

© Sarah at http://eatmyoxygen.blogspot.com Anna had her first WBC today. Man, you'd think by now I'd be over our pediatrician, but damn! Every time I leave his office (we've had him since Eli's 9 month WBC) I am so happy we were able to get him as our pediatrician! I love that man! Anyway... He says Anna is beautiful and perfect. When we left the hospital she was a tad yellow so we were putting her in indirect sunlight every day for short periods of time, he says her color is perfect now. I wasn't sure how much she weighed when we left the hospital but Dr. M remembered (another reason I love him, he remembers my children, or original pediatrician didn't have a clue who we were from visit to visit) that she'd dropped down to around 6lb 12oz when we left. Today she was up to 7lb 1oz so she's gaining like a champ. He says they like baby's to be back up to their birth weights by 14 days after delivery and she's 9 days old today, he has no doubt she'll be back to 7.5 in 5 days, plus she's eating like a champ. That little girl packs it away! My god it was a struggle to get Eli to eat 1 ounce, Anna will eat 2-3 ounces at a time :) So, my baby girl is doing great and everyone has taken to calling her Anna Banana, it must be what all girls named Anna are called because I called her that in the hospital, my mom called her that when she first saw her and Dr. M called her that today, lol. I don't mind, it's cute really. My mom and I were throwing out other nicknames that could go with Anna and we got a good laugh when my mom suggested Anna Havana and I said it sounds like a prostitute- Havana Anna. Speaking of my parents, tomorrow is there last day here. We'll miss them terribly, I'll miss my mom most of all. I hope that when Anna grows up we have a close relationship like my mom and I do. I feel so horrible when I think of how living out here robs my children and my parents of having a closer relationship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home