A Year Of Eli
Happy 1st Birthday Elias Alexander! I can't believe you are a year old, I honestly don't know where the time has gone. When did you go from that cute little immobile, spitting up, blob to the gorgeous speed crawling/trying to walk, babbling, energetic boy? I never thought I'd have children, I never was sure I really wanted them, though I always dreamed of having a little boy. I know your daddy didn't. Its amazing how in 1 second you changed our world, our lives. You've given it so much more meaning than we ever thought imaginable. Your daddy recently wrote to a college friend of his, "Well I'll tell you flat out, its god damn harder than I ever imagined, but also more rewarding than I ever imagined, when you can actually start to make them laugh, there sometimes seems little else thats as worthwhile in your life." He's right you know, it is incredibly hard, it's stressful and aggravating at times; it's amazing how someone so tiny and cute can cause such frustration! However, it's short lived and the joy and love far outweighs everything else. I, we, can not imagine our lives without you now. You were our surprise, I was on birth control and told (as a scare tactic I'm sure) by multiple doctors that at my weight I'd never be able to conceive if we decided to start trying. We proved them wrong, didn't we? We did it twice, I got pregnant with your sister shortly after having you. So to me, you are both my surprise miracle baby's. No matter where I am, where you are, what happens in life, I will always love, support and cherish you. Happy Birthday my beautiful boy! Your first year- Your hospital photo, you were less than 24 hours old. My little Angel Baby, my little pig :)

© Sarah at http://eatmyoxygen.blogspot.com One week old. You were born 8lb 7oz and everyone kept telling us what a big baby you were. We were just amazed, big?? You were so tiny!

Your first Easter. You weren't into it much obviously, but it made mommy happy to dye eggs, fill your money egg and have a basket for you. 
A month old. Poor baby, this is when your baby acne was pretty bad but you were still the sweetest, most gorgeous baby I'd ever seen. (Did I phrase that right? oi)
© Sarah at http://eatmyoxygen.blogspot.com Our first Mothers Day together :) You gave me the greatest gift- lots of smiles and you haven't stopped smiling since.

© Sarah @ http://eatmyoxygen.blogspot.com 2 months old, my silly sweet baby. This is about the time you started to lose your hair, hehe.

© Sarah @ http://eatmyoxygen.blogspot.com Your first Father's Day gift to daddy, it made him laugh :)

© Sarah @ http://eatmyoxygen.blogspot.com 3 months old. A bit blurry but you look so adorable in that little bath sack!

© Sarah @ http://eatmyoxygen.blogspot.com 4 months old, the infamous Monty Python killer rabbit shot ;) We were visiting Mommy's family in CA when you turned 4 months old.

5 months old. This was pretty much the end of you looking even remotely pudgy :( 
© Sarah @ http://eatmyoxygen.blogspot.com 6 months old. About a week before this your first tooth popped out (I didn't even know you were teething! Dense Mommy!), I was so sad to think I wouldn't see those toothless smiles anymore, I thought nothing was cuter. I was way wrong, when you flash me a big smile and show off them toofers it's even cuter!

© Sarah @ http://eatmyoxygen.blogspot.com 7 months old. Look how nicely your hairs filling in, and blond! That cute brown hair you were born with all fell out and came back the pretty blond hair your daddy had when he was a baby.

© Sarah @ http://eatmyoxygen.blogspot.com Super Baby! Your very first Halloween. We live in a crappy town, they don't trick or treat on Halloween, I don't even know when they do it! I never saw any kids out in costumes knocking for candy. I wanted to stroll you around and hit up a few houses for candy too (and of course show off the cute Super Baby)!

© Sarah @ http://eatmyoxygen.blogspot.com Your First Thanksgiving! I cropped Grandpa C out because I feel bad putting peoples pics on the internet without their knowledge. It was a fun Thanksgiving! You were the only one dressed up for the occasion ;) It was small, us, Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt B (Grandmas Aunt), Uncle D and Uncle T and your cousin C! Too bad you didn't appreciate the yummy food! Next year!

© Sarah @ http://eatmyoxygen.blogspot.com 8 months old. You are one mobile little mofo now, we had to buy a gate to keep you out of the kitchen and start keeping the bathroom and bedroom doors shut at all times! Our bedroom door is broken though so you just push your way in! We had to take the belt of daddy's robe and tie it around our door handle and the bathroom door handle to keep you out, that did not make for a happy baby.

© Sarah @ http://eatmyoxygen.blogspot.com Merry Christmas! Even though we spent Christmas with Mommy's family in CA Santa still found you and left you a present :) You really seemed to enjoy meeting your cousin CJ for the first time! It was a big celebration, we spent Christmas Eve with Grandma G's family and Christmas Day with Grandpa G's family.

© Sarah @ http://eatmyoxygen.blogspot.com 9 months old. Oh let the trouble begin! You learned to stand! Many scary moments ensued for mommy. You would lose your balance and smack your chin going down and a couple times you cut your lip or gum or something and your mouth filled with blood. Mommy was hysterical, thinking you'd bleed to death, but after a few minutes you were back to your smiling, laughing wanting to crawl and pull yourself up and be free self. It just broke Mommy's heart to see the blood, see the tears, to know you were in such pain and she couldn't do anything but rock you.

© Sarah @ http://eatmyoxygen.blogspot.com 10 months old. It's just amazing how fast you are growing, eating more solids and table foods, crawling, sitting up, standing, cruising, starting to sleep better through the night from 7 hours to 10 to 12, loads of teeth, "dancing", "catch", climbing onto the futon and your toddler bed! You're just growing so fast! Your personality is so wonderful, you are full of energy, flirtatious (oh how you love a pretty girl!), full of laughs and smiles!

© Sarah @ http://eatmyoxygen.blogspot.com 11 months old. You are just blooming little guy! You started waving! You said your first word! "Hi", though you've been reluctant to say it again. Take your time turtlr, you do things at your own pace. You're finally saying mama a lot along with dada, which makes me a happy mommy. Your starting to accept the sippy cup more and more and the most exciting thing- you took your first steps! You're getting bigger and stronger and funner to play with because we can "rough house" with you :) Nothing seriously rough of course!

© Sarah @ http://eatmyoxygen.blogspot.com First St. Patrick's Day. St. Patty's Day isn't anything special to us but I thought it would be fun to dress ya up since you are part Irish. Of course you hate things on your head so the moment was short lived.

© Sarah @ http://eatmyoxygen.blogspot.com You're One!

© Sarah at http://eatmyoxygen.blogspot.com Yummy!

© Sarah at http://eatmyoxygen.blogspot.com

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home