Sweet Dreams, Baby

3/14/2005

tidbits

Recently I just have not wanted to sit down and take the time to write coherent sentences. I sit at the computer and I'm just like- blah. Eli has a cold, he must have caught it when he was over at the in-laws. He's a regular snot factory, but thats the worst of it. He gets a little warm at night and has a slight cough, but nothing bad, though it is making his sleep all screwy. I just hope it doesn't last long, the news said our whether is supposed to get increasingly better and I'd like to take him for some stroller rides in the park before I'm laid up from the c-section. We had his one year photos taken yesterday. What an experience. Their computers crashed and they had to redo 2 shoots, one was a party of 8 adults and one was a party of 5 kids. They said they were ahead of schedule till then. We were there for a very long time. Partially because Eli had a breakdown the first time we tried to get the pictures taken. As soon as I'd put him down he'd cry and reach up for me to pick him up. Ben and I were totally baffled, he had two of his favorite things in front of him- a camera and a pretty girl (the photographer, yes my son is a little flirt, you should see him around a pretty girl). The photographer told us we could walk him around for like 15 minutes if we wanted and she'd go ahead and do the the next costumer cause it should be quick and if anyone was waiting when we got back we'd be sent back before them. Well, after 15 minutes we came back and they were still taking that baby's pics cause her mom was a psycho bitch who wanted every possible fucking pose with every possible fucking prop they had and she had to fucking change her into different outfits. Good lord! I love my child but I don't need 100 pictures of him for Spring, considering I take about 100 pics of him over the course of a week. By the time psycho picture mom bitch was done Eli was very tired and I told Ben to fuck it we were leaving but then the photographer called us back. Surprisingly Eli did great that time! He was playing with blocks next to the big 1 then we stood him up and he gave us a nice big smile. After 3 shots I told the photographer we were done. She was surprised we didn't want more poses/backdrops/props. I'm not a psycho picture mom, I went in wanting a 1 year photo of my son, I knew when we had a good one and I was happy. Plus, Eli needed his nap. The picture turned out cute, the 1 and the backdrop are a little cheesy, hehehe, but most photo props are, but I think it's really cute. Plus, Eli's teething (along with the cold, yeah so lucky us right?) so there's a huge drool patch on his little vest but it's cute too :) I *heart* my little drooler. Baby girl was beating the crap out of me while we were getting Eli's pictures taken, not sure what I did to piss her off. It's getting increasingly hard to be the mommy I want to be to Eli. I can't sit on the floor and play with him anymore cause I get shooting pains in my butt and lower back. I can't carry him around much before my lower back is screaming in pain. I had to relinquish bath time to Ben because it was getting too uncomfortable to bend over the tub and wash Eli and then fight him into his clothes while he's slick with lotion. I like that Ben does bath time, it's cute to hear him and Eli in there, Ben will read to him till Eli starts splashing and drenching Ben which cracks him up. It was hard though cause bath time was part of our morning routine- get up, play for about an hour, eat breakfast, bath time, lotion and clothes, more playing, nap, etc. Now it's part of Ben's night time routine, he gives Eli a bath about an hour or 2 before he has to go to bed (baths do not calm my child, they get him all excited for a short period of time afterward) then lotions him up, puts on his Pj's and we play till bed time. I guess it's good that Eli gets used to not having mommy's full attention all day/night. If I had to suddenly stop playing with him and picking him up as much after the c-section he may have taken it badly, this way, he's slowly getting used to the fact that mommy can't/wont pick him all the time. OK I thought I had more but I need a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home