Sweet Dreams, Baby

3/24/2005

first steps!

Tonight Eli took three steps!!! He just turned, stuck his arms out and walked 3 steps toward the ottoman and TV (he was walking around holding on to the coffee table)!! I was so excited I jumped up from the glider, squealing and clapping, I startled him so he fell and started to laugh! I just want to cry it's so exciting! I'm so bummed though because Ben had just left to the gas station and just missed it! Ben's bummed he missed it to. As soon as he walked in he door I was saying "You missed it! you missed it! He took his first step!" It was so exciting and there was no one to tell! Ben wasn't here, his moms out of town, I called my parents and they weren't home! Luckily Jennah was online so I could share my joy! It's funny, I thought this would be as exciting and cute as the other milestones, crawling, siting up, but it's like a thousand times more exciting. As I was putting him to bed I told him, "That was awesome little dude, but remember, no rush, take your time walking. Mommy's having surgery in a week and half, give me some healing time before I have to chase around a walker/runner!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home