bag packed
The hospital bag is packed. It's amazing how much less I'm taking this time, now that I know what I will need and what I never even touched/looked at last time. Last time I had a duffel bag (not a large one, about medium sized) full of stuff for me, a small diaper bag full of stuff for Eli and Ben had my school bag full of his stuff. Needless to say it was some major over packing. It was a good thing we ended up having 3 cars (all small) at the hospital when I left (mine, since I drove myself to the hospital, Ben's since he drove himself there from work and my parents rental car since they were staying at a hotel near the hospital till I was discharged) cause we had those 3 bags, a camera bag (my dad gave us our digital camera as our welcome baby gift), the huge hospital bag full of free goodies, a smaller bag from the hospital full of extras I asked for, 3 big flower arrangements and 1 small flower arrangement plus a new little baby ;) This time I'm glad to say I fit all our stuff into just the duffel bag, with room to spare! We also have a much much bigger car now so if flowers are sent from my siblings again they can all fit into the back with the hospital freebie bag and the duffel bag. I feel like I have nothing more to do for this baby, it has me feeling a bit antsy and a little bored... well as much as one can be bored with an almost 1 year old terrorizing the house. Less than 20 days people! Speaking of the almost 1 year old, I can't believe he'll be 1 in 9 days! My god has this year gone by so freaking fast! Since his birthdays the week before my c-section, and we don't know anyone with small children nearby, Eli wont be having a party :( I'll pick up a couple Pizza Hut pizzas (Eli loves pizza crust) & a cake and have the in-laws over that night to eat and watch Eli make a cake mess and open his gifts, well, watch as he tries to eat wrapping paper while mommy and daddy open his gifts more than likely. I'm thinking of inviting Ben's best friend over and maybe the BIL, though Ben said more than likely his brother wouldn't' come, he drives a truck and his schedule is all over the place. But I figure I'll invite him and he can bring his son (9 months old) and his girlfriend and her other kids (I think there are three of them between like 5 and 9, I could be wrong) if they want, its nothing fancy, just cake and pizza. Of course our house is so not built/furnished for entertaining so more than likely it will be us and the in-laws. In a way I'm sad at how uneventful his first ever birthday is gonna be. I know he wont remember it, but I always will.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home