Sweet Dreams, Baby

3/18/2005

36 weeks & bedding

I ordered Anna's bedding! It wasn't my first choice but I had to come to terms with the fact that we'd never be able to afford the original bedding I wanted. So I checked out Overstock and they had 2 sets I really really liked. I liked one a little more than the other but it was mainly white and pink with a hint of green and this other one had all the colors that will match Eli's bedding and accessories. I plan to buy some crib sheets that will match eventually cause even though I have a bunch from Eli's bedding, I want girly ones for Anna that will match her bedding better. Picky Sarah, I know. I am also going to buy a small lamp with a somewhat matching shade because a) Eli rips out the night light so having a small lamp with a low watt bulb would be better and b) just to add a hint more girlyness to the room so its not ALL Eli's stuff, ya know? (why do I feel like I'm not making sense? I feel like I can't form a proper sentence.) Oh yeah, the bedding- Butterfly Garden, I'm not thrilled with the ruffle, I don't care much for ruffles in general. But I do really like it, I'm sure by the time I have my chubby little hands on it I'll love it and the ruffles will have grown on me. (hell the more I look at it now the more I love it!) from babycenter.com: "Your baby is still putting on the pounds - about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds and is a little less than 19 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the creamy substance that covered and protected her skin during its submersion in amniotic fluid. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, which will stay in her bowels until birth. This blackish mixture, called meconium, will become her first bowel movement. [Lets hope she keeps it in till after birth, unlike her brother who just had to poop in mommy, this is why I couldn't see him very much right away, they had to make sure he was suctioned good] At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. [Hot damn! :)] (Babies between 37 and 42 weeks are considered full-term; a baby born before 37 weeks is pre-term and after 42 is post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position by now, which is optimal for a smooth delivery, but if she isn't in the next week, your provider may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position manually, by manipulating her from the outside of your belly. [My doc never even mentioned this with Eli, which was fine cause I woudl have refused anyway.] While your baby continues to grow and crowd your internal organs, you may find that you're not as hungry as you were a few weeks ago [Ha, I wish. I wasn't hungry the last month or longer with Eli but he was really high so I think that had something to do with it, this baby is really low so theres no crowding of the stomach.]. Smaller, more frequent meals are often easier to handle at this point [I've been eating that way most of the pregnancy, when I'm pregnant if I have an empty stomach for too long a period of time I get sick and weak, so nothing new here]. On the other hand, you may have less heartburn [Heartburns not the problem, its the acid reflux that sucks.] and have an easier time breathing when your baby starts to drop down lower in your pelvis. This dropping - called lightening or engagement - is more likely to happen before labor if this is your first baby. When it does, though, you may feel increased pressure in your lower abdomen, making walking increasingly uncomfortable. Some women say it feels as though they're carrying a bowling ball between their legs, or as if the baby is going to fall out. (Don't worry, she won't!) You might also notice that your Braxton Hicks contractions are a little more frequent now. Be sure to review with your practitioner exactly when and where to call her when you think your labor has started. As a general rule, you should call when you start having regular contractions coming every five minutes for about an hour. Of course, you'll want to call right away if you're not yet 37 weeks and have signs of preterm labor. You should also call without delay if your water breaks (or if you even think you're leaking amniotic fluid), if you notice a decrease in your baby's activity, or if you have any vaginal bleeding, fever, severe headaches, abdominal pain, or changes in your vision. Even if you're enjoying an uncomplicated pregnancy, it's best to avoid flying during your final month, when you're more likely to go into labor. In fact, many airlines won't let women on board who are due to deliver within seven or sometimes 30 days of the flight."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home