no "belle"
Anna, Anna will be her name still. The name we had picked, Annabelle, had been bugging me for a while, I just didn't want to go back on what we'd chosen. Then I come to find that Ben now likes one of my favorite girls names, Lily (Lillian), after proclaiming his dislike for the name... even way back when I brought it up while pregnant with Eli! All of a sudden, now he likes it! I was so upset cause that's the name I had wanted so bad but I just did not want to name our child something one of us did not like. I love Anna and always thought Annabelle was pretty and Ben really liked Anna so we went with it. Well when I found out Ben liked Lily I was overcome with the desire to use it, just because, well I could now. It was suggested we use the name Liliana, ack, I just don't like it and Ben wasn't crazy about it either. After a few days of stewing over it I realized I still really like Anna, it's the "belle" I didn't like and she's starting to become Anna, ya know? Plus Eli and Lily don't sound so good together (never mind it sounds like I'm naming my kids after my favorite drug company), they sound too similar. Eli & Anna just sound right together. So, her name is still Anna, it's just not Annabelle. I have a name you can't really shorten, Sarah, sometimes people call me Sar, that's not a real name. I think maybe this is why I like the idea of giving my kids names they can shorten, Elias-Eli, Annabelle-Anna. That being said I'm not sure if I'll find a name we like that can be shortened to Anna (Annalee is the only name I can find that I kinda like, but not sure if I like it enough), if not we'll just go with Anna, no biggie. We have time to decide, she may be just Anna right till the end and then be named Annaliese, who knows.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home