Sweet Dreams, Baby

1/24/2005

the little things Eli does

He can now crawl on his hands and knees! He's been doing it for over a week now but only lately has he been doing it more than the army crawl. Though if he gets really excited (like if we're chasing him) he'll go back to the belly, I think he knows he can move faster that way, hehe. He can drink water from a cup. He obviously hasn't mastered it, but he's making less and less of a mess. He used to just kinda let it dribble down his chin and get a tiny bit in his mouth, but now he will actually close his mouth around the lip of the cup and gulp a little into his mouth. He's eating stage 3 foods and more table foods, he's really getting that chewing thing down. He's starting to cruise more and more. He can get to the other side of the room likety-split. I've taught him how to "dance". I'll hold him by his hands while he's standing I say "Eli lets dance! Dance Eli!" and then I'll wiggle his body and mine and shake my head back and forth and he shakes his head back and forth and laughs. He does it on his own sometimes. If I'm across the room and say enough times "Eli dance!" he'll start to shake his head back and forth. It's really cute. He'll look right at Ben and say DADA... of course he'll babble it all day long and say it to everything else, lol but he really says it clearly to Ben, so who knows he may understand to some degree that he's DADA. I think that may be it. I was just afraid I wasn't writing these things down and all of a sudden I'd miss them. I mean I put the little stickers on his calendar so when I have time I can record everything in his baby book, but you know, it's nice to take notice of what he's doing. Now... hopefully he'll learn No and Be Nice/Gentle in the next 3 months... I'm afraid he's gonna beat the crap out of the new baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home