9 month Well Baby Check
What? Me lazy? Yeah. I'm just copying and pasting what I wrote on Mommietalk for the most part. Eli's doing great. He's now 29 inches and 21lbs 10oz, he is in the 80th percentile for weight and height and his head circumference is off the charts! haha The Pediatrician and I joked it's just extra brain and he'll be one smart cookie ;) Speaking of the Pediatrician (Dr. MW), we just switched to him and I completely and utterly love him (to show you how much I told a friend that I may just have to have an affair with him!)! Not just because he's pretty cute, has gorgeous eyes and is totally sweet. He listened to me, talked to me, explained things thoroughly and I left a pediatricians office for the first time in 9 months not second guessing the doctor or feeling put down by nurses! Everyone just adored Eli, DR. MW went on and on about what a cute baby he is. When he looked Eli over he proclaimed, "We have eczema." He asked when it appeared and what I was doing for it and when I told him the last Pediatrician never diagnosed it just kept telling me it was dry skin cause of the weather and to use hydrocortisone ointment he closed his eyes and shook his head in disappointment. I told him however that I thought it was eczema and had been using Aveeno lotion and Eucerin and he said those were very good to use and gave me a few things to change around the house and with Eli's diet. Eli's had bad diarrhea the past few days so he told me since Eli is showing no signs of dehydration that I should just wait out the diarrhea a little bit longer and try a few different foods to try and help. A few woman on Mommietalk suggested the BRATY diet and it's pretty much what my pediatrician said to do, but it's more information at my fingertips. We also talked about the tongue clipping and he wants to wait till a year or year and half and evaluate Eli again and see if he needs it, right now he said it doesn't look severe or like it will cause speech problems down the line.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home