the end of the year thing
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before? I gave birth. 2. Did you keep your new year resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't think I made any last year and I'm not sure if I'll bother with any this year. 3. Did anyone close to you give birth? I did! My sister, BIL's girlfriend and close on-line friend did as well. 4. Did anyone close to you die? My Aunts partner. 5. What countries did you visit? None. 6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004? A new car, an actual house, patience. 7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? March 29th, the day my son was born. September 2nd, the day my sister gave birth. July 13th, I weighed in under 300 at 299! and August 16th, I found out I was pregnant again! 8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Delivering a healthy baby boy and taking better care of my health, eating right, exercising and losing weight. 9. What was your biggest failure? Not being the mommy I always dreamed/thought I would be. 10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I had Pregnancy Induced Hypertension and was put on bed-rest in January and right now I have one killer funky-ass sinus cold. 11. What was the best thing you bought? I'm not really sure. 12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Ben's... he's just an amazing husband and father. 13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My own. 14. Where did most of your money go? Baby stuff and bills and food cause we eat out way too much. 15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Having my son and losing weight. 16. What song will always remind you of 2004? Trouble by Cat Stevens, not for any reason in particular other than it's just the song that's been in my head for what seems like the last half of the year! 17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? I think all in all I'm happier. b) thinner or fatter? Thinner! c) richer or poorer? Richer, in body, soul and a tad bit in finances.. 18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Lose weight. 19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Complain about Eli. 20. How will you be spending Christmas? We spent it in CA with my family. 21. Did you fall in love in 2004? Yes, with my tiny baby boy. 22. How many one-night stands? Er, none. 23. What was your favorite TV program? CSI, Amazing Race. 24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don't think so. 25. What was the best book you read? I can't really say, I liked most the books I read but none stood out as fantastic or anything. 26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Nothing. 27. What did you want and get? Healthy child. 28. What did you want and not get? Car. 29. What was your favorite film of this year? Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. 30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 24 and I think we went out to dinner... it's sad that I can't remember, right? 31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Making a real friend to hang out with. 32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004? If it fits- wear it. 33. What kept you sane? Ben, chatting with Jennah, Eli's sweet face when he's sleeping. 34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? William (Billy) Petersen and I'd say I more than fancy him. 35. What political issue stirred you the most? The election. 36. Who did you miss? My mom. 37. Who was the best new person you met? I don't meet people. 38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004. Children really do change your life for the better. 39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. It doesn't really sum up my year, again, it's just the song that's been in my head for what seems like the last 5 months. "Trouble Oh trouble can’t you see You have made me a wreck Now won’t you leave me in my misery" Recap of 2004 (my usual short recap of the years "big" things) January- Put on bed-rest at 31 weeks due to Pregnancy Induced Hypertension. February- My mom threw me a baby shower back home even though I couldn't attend. March- Had Eli via c-section because he was breech. Friend, Jennah, had her son. April- Eli and I came home from the hospital. My sister found out she was expecting a boy. May- Joined Weight Watchers. First Mothers Day. June- Ben's first Fathers Day. July- I entered Twoterville, weight in at 299. Flew out with Eli to CA to visit family/attend my sisters baby shower. BIL's girlfriend gave birth to a boy (didn't find out till late October). August- Pregnant again! 3 year wedding Anniversary. Find out 2 of my cousins are pregnant. September- Sister gives birth to my beautiful nephew. Find out my SIL and brother are expecting! find out another cousin is pregnant. October- Family dog has to be put down, she was 15. Enter second trimester (of pregnancy). Had first ultrasound. Voted for Kerry. November- Kerry lost. had another ultrasound where we were told it "looks" like a girl and given a 75% chance of being a girl. Found out best friend is pregnant. Met my nephew (BIL's son) for the first time. December- Spent Christmas with family in CA. Met my nephew (sisters son) for the first time. Found of my brother and SIL are expecting a girl. I think that's it...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home